Updated: Mar 24, 2019
Vata meals should be warm and nourishing. Averagely portioned meals with light snacks between meals are best for this Dosha. Spicy food should be enjoyed by Vata-types and when applicable, choose warm food over cold (freshly baked pie instead of ice cream, for example).
Meal Times and Portion Sizes
• Breakfast should be taken between 7:00 and 8:00 in the morning. Servings should be averagely portioned.
• A light snack, if necessary can be taken at 11:00 in the morning.
• Lunch should be consumed between 12 noon to 1:00 in the afternoon. Servings should be averagely portioned.
• Another light snack can be taken at 4:00 in the afternoon if needed.
• Dinner should be taken at 6:30 to 7:30 in the evening. Average portioning applies.
• Avoid eating after dinner.
• Grains and carbohydrates and/or cooked vegetables and/or fresh fruits
• Dairy food
• Eat hard to digest food sparingly and use as a condiment to other food as much as possible.