Updated: Mar 24, 2019
Kapha Dosha Meal Plan
Kapha-types should favor warm and light food to complement their slow digestion. The best way to maintain your Kapha diet is to avoid restaurant food that is heavy in oil, creams, salt and other spices that you may not be aware of.
You should also drink warm water instead of taking it cold or iced. Skipping a meal is acceptable for Kapha-types and this would help in your weight loss goals. Just be sure that other meals are filled with healthy and satisfying food that is easy to digest to keep your Kapha balanced.
Meal Times and Portion Sizes
• Breakfast should be ideally skipped because Kapha’s digestion is still particularly slow in the morning.
• A snack should be taken at 11 in the morning IF breakfast was skipped. If breakfast was consumed, forego eating a snack.
• Lunch should be consumed between 12 noon to 1:00 in the afternoon. Eat averagely portioned food.
• Don’t snack between lunch and dinner.
• Dinner should be taken at 6:30 to 7:30 in the evening. Servings should be small and light.
• Avoid eating after dinner.
• Salad greens
• Cooked vegetables, carbohydrates and grains
• Uncooked vegetables
• Dairy Products