Updated: Mar 24, 2019
Pitta Dosha Meal Plan
Pitta meals should be warm or cool, not too hot and not too cold. A heavily portioned meal in the morning and at midday is best for this Dosha. Favor food with sweet, astringent or bitter tastes to
keep your weight under control.
You can include other tastes sparingly. Though Pitta’s digestion can allow big portions for breakfast and lunch, you should still be vigilant with your salt intake. Use as little salt as possible(or none at all) when cooking and avoid spicy and sour foods to prevent Pitta aggravation. If possible, avoid fast food altogether, or restaurant food that is heavy in oil.
You can get meal inspiration from Japanese or Chinese dishes and create your own dish that you can enjoy cooking every now and then.
Meal Times and Portion Sizes
• Breakfast should be taken between 7:00 and 8:00 in the morning. Big portions are advisable. '
• Don’t snack between breakfast and lunch.
• Lunch should be consumed between 12 noon to 1:00 in the afternoon. Servings should be big.
• Don’t snack between lunch and dinner.
• Dinner should be taken at 6:30 to 7:30 in the evening. Servings should be averagely portioned.
• Avoid eating after dinner. Meal Sequence
• Salad greens
• Cooked vegetables and carbohydrates
• Uncooked vegetables